Mold Toxicity treatment

"Environmental Toxic Mold Exposure Is A Massive Health Crisis That Very Few Are Aware Of" - Dave Asprey

So you have or have had some mysterious symptoms that no one seems to be able to figure out. Maybe you suspect you have been exposed to mold.

Don't worry you are not alone.

Having mold toxicity is actually a pretty common occurrence in todays modern society. Despite all our technological breakthroughs and science, much of our modern housing materials and work buildings are fantastic places for molds to grow if given the right opportunity. And they are given that opportunity pretty often.
Part of the problem with mold toxicity and exposure is that often patients don't actually realize they have been exposed, so they don't really know where the symptoms came from.

They just magically appeared. But not in good way. Because unfortunately they won't magically disappear. In fact, symptoms from mold exposure can take years to recover from,
IF you find and remove (or remove yourself) from the source of the exposure and help your body heal properly.

Symptoms of Mold Exposure

Signs and symptoms of mold
The symptoms of mold exposure can be very wide and non specific. While Lyme disease is often call "the Great imitator", I would say that mold can also be a great imitator as well. That being said here is a "short" list of the most common symptoms associated with mold toxicity. Many of the symptoms can also be attributed to what is called "CIRS" or Chronic Inflammatory response syndrome. We will talk about this a little later on.
Fatigue
Weakness
Aches
Muscle Cramps
Unusual Pain
Ice Pick Pain
Headache
Light Sensitivity
Red Eyes
Blurred Vision
Tearing
Sinus Problems
Cough
Shortness of Breath
Abdominal Pain
Diarrhea
Focus/Concentration Issues
Word Recollection Issues
Decreased Learning of New Knowledge
Confusion
Disorientation
Skin Sensitivity
Mood Swings
Appetite Swings
Sweats (especially night sweats)
Temperature Regulation or Dysregulation Problems Excessive Thirst
Increased Urination
Static Shocks
Numbness
Tingling
Vertigo
Joint Pain
Morning Stiffness
Memory Issues
Metallic Taste
Tremors

Where do the symptoms from
Mold toxicity come from?

A major problem with mold toxicity is that the symptoms don't just come from the molds themselves. There tend to be a hole host of "toxic" products as a result of the molds.

These can include the following:

  • Fungi
  • Bacteria
  • Actinomycetes - A group of gram-positive bacteria that produce various bioactive agents.
  • Mycobacteria  - A large family of bacteria that have unusually waxy cell walls that are resistant to digestion.
  • Molds - Usually the molds are growing in water damaged buildings. The most common ones are  CladosporiumPenicilliumAlternaria, and AspergillusStachybotrys chartarum 
  • Spore - tiny spores that are not visible to the naked eye produced by mold. Mold spores are pretty durable and able to survive some pretty harsh conditions. Think of spores as basically mold "babys". It is how the molds spread and multiply. The trick thing here is that if a mold contaminated building is cleaned and remediated properly those mold spores spread and the problem repeats itself all over again.

  • Mycotoxins - These are the most common toxic chemicals that are present on spores and small fragments of mold and fungus that are released into the air. In reality, mycotoxins are only part of the problem with mods.

  • Endotoxins  - also known as a Lipopolysaccharides or LPS for short. These are cell wall components of Gram negative bacteria. They are shed into the environment when the bacteria dies. These LPS's cause an inflammatory response and contributes to what is commonly known as CIRS - Chronic inflammatory response syndrome.
  • Inflammagens - an inflammatory agent.
  • Beta Glucans - are polysaccharides of D-glucose monomers linked by β-glycosidic bonds. β-glucans are a diverse group of molecules that can vary with respect to molecular mass, solubility, viscosity, and three-dimensional configuration.

  • Hemolysins - This is a type of exotoxins that can basically destroy blood cells. Also known as lysis.

  • Microbial Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) - Microbes can release organic compounds into the air when there is adequate food supply for such “secondary metabolite” production. These volatile compounds, called mVOCs for short, can give basements their distinctive musty odor as well as activate innate immune responses in susceptible patients. While we think of fungi as the most common producers of mVOCs, bacteria and actinomycetes are indoor-producers as well.

How do you test for Mold Toxicity?

The 2 most common ways of testing for mold toxicity include either a mycotoxins test, we generally use the mycotoxins test from Great Plains Laboratory.

Click here to order the test.

The other way we can reliably test for mold toxicity is through what is know as a Visual Contrast sensitivity test. This is testing the potential presence of neurotoxins by measuring your ability to see details at low contrast levels and is often used as a nonspecific test of neurological function.  Similar in form to a standard audiometry hearing test, a VCS test generally involves the presentation of a series of images of decreasing contrast to the test subject and the recording of the contrast levels where patterns, shapes, or objects can or cannot be identified.  The results of the test can then be used as an aid in the diagnosis of visual system dysfunction.

Here is a link to one such testing site.
https://www.vcstest.com/

How is Mold Toxicity Treated?

Dr. Craig Mortensen has been trained in mold toxicity and helping patients heal naturally from all type of health conditions, including mold toxicity.

To be continued. Under construction.

Premier IFM - Integrative Functional Medicine Center
Dr. Craig Mortensen
151 N. Kraemer Blvd., #115
Placentia, CA 92870

1-(833) Dr-Craig
1-833-372-7244
Fax 1-833-372-7244