Infrared Sauna Benefits
- Reduced incidence of cardiovascular events and dementia in *men
- Improvement of rheumatic diseases such as fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis and ankylosing spondylitis
- Helps with chronic fatigue and chronic pain
- Improves symptoms of obstructive pulmonary disease
- Helps to relieve allergy symptoms
- Improves exercise performance in athletes
- Moisturizes the skin naturally
- Helps with collagen production which can create younger looking skin
- Better sleep, detoxifying, improves circulation, can help with weight loss
*The studies on cardiovascular disease have been preformed on men. Dry sauna can have the same effect on women, it just has not been studied.
As an added benefit to all our patients and clients is the fact that we allow a second person
to use the sauna with you at no extra charge.
All we ask is that your guest bring their own towel.
Or they may use one of ours for a small $5 fee.
Ideal Temperature / Usage
- Do not eat a heavy meal prior to sauna use.
- Ideal Temperature is between 110-130. First time users, please stay around 110-120.
- It is best to bath in the sauna for 30-40 mins 3 times per week.
- Drink plenty of water before and after. Please feel free to use our electrolytes, add about 1/4 t to 20 oz of water and shake it up.
- Wear little to no clothing and sit on a towel. You want the infrared to hit your skin.
- Relax in the quiet, listen to music or read a book
- When finish, spritz yourself with one of our essential oil sprays and dry off and drink more water throughout the day.
What to Expect in the Sauna
It is recommended that you turn out the lights in the room so you can take advantage of the chromotherapy in the sauna. We also have essential oils for your enjoyment while using the sauna.
There is a little glass cup in the sauna and you just drop in 3 drops of the oil you want to use. Please us a towel to sit on and dry off after.
While in the sauna, there is a glass box you can keep your phone in if you’d like it close by to listen to music, if you bring a cord, there are speakers in the sauna. In that glass box you fill find a remote that controls the chromotherapy. You can set it on auto to circulate through the different colors or keep it on one color. There are some essential oil sprays for after your you are finished that help to cool you off so you feel fresh leaving. We also have extra hand towels if needed.
Next to the hand towels are some face wipes that are a one step to cleaning your face. When you are finished, please drop your towel in the basket on the floor.
We want you to enjoy your time in the sauna and fully relax. If you have any questions or comments, please always let us know.
Premier IFM - Integrative Functional Medicine Center
Dr. Craig Mortensen
151 N. Kraemer Blvd., #115
Placentia, CA 92870
Due to the Covid - 19 threat and shutdowns we are offering
Online consultations as well as in office appointments.